Needle and syringe provision, support and advice is available at many community pharmacies in Surrey.
A sexual health or genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic specialises in sexual health and gives tests and treatment for many STIs. You can find details of local clinics on the Healthy Surrey website.
Other useful links
- SMART Recovery (SMART) www.smartrecovery.org.uk
A science-based programme to help people manage their recovery from any type of addictive behaviour. This includes addictive behaviour with substances such as alcohol, nicotine or drugs, or compulsive behaviours such as gambling, sex, eating, shopping, self-harming and so on. SMART stands for ‘Self Management And Recovery Training’.
- Catalyst www.catalystsupport.org.uk
Catalyst works to support and promote the wellbeing of people in Surrey with drug, alcohol and mental health issues.
- WDP www.wdp.org.uk
WDP is a national charity that supports people affected by drug and alcohol issues.
- Choice & Medication www.choiceandmedication.org/sabp
Helpful and practical information on medication.
- Safeguarding Adults www.sabp.nhs.uk//safeguarding-adults
- Community Mental Health Recovery Services (CMHRS) www.sabp.nhs.uk/services/mental-health/adult/community
- Mental Health Crisis Help www.sabp.nhs.uk/help
- Safe Havens www.sabp.nhs.uk/safehaven
Safe Havens provide out of hours help and support to people who are experiencing a mental health crisis, and their carers.
- Mental Health Crisis Helpline
Freephone: 0800 915 4644 Accessibility: Textphone: 18001 0800 915 4644 or SMS text: 07717 989 024
- Al-Anon UK www.al-anonuk.org.uk
Al-Anon Family Groups provide support to anyone whose life is, or has been, affected by someone else’s drinking, regardless of whether that person is still drinking or not.
- Alcoholics Anonymous www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.
- Adfam www.adfam.org.uk
Adfam is the only national umbrella organisation working specifically with and for families affected by drugs and alcohol. Our final goal is that no family member in need of support should go without it.
- Families Anonymous www.famanon.org.uk
Families Anonymous is a world-wide fellowship of family members and friends affected by another’s abuse of mind-altering substances, or related behavioural problems.
- Narcotics Anonymous www.ukna.org
Narcotics Anonymous is often the fir.t point of contact for people needing support and advice about the nature of drug addiction
- Cocaine Anonymous www.cauk.org.uk
Cocaine Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other so that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from their addiction.
- Outline Surrey www.outlinesurrey.org
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, questioning (LGB&T) Helpline giving support, advice and information in confidence.
- Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre www.rasasc.org
Counselling, helplines, groups, ISVA and support for men and women.
- Release www.release.org.uk
Release is the national centre of expertise on drugs and drugs law. The organisation, founded in 1967, is an independent and registered charity. Through our services the team provides free non-judgmental, specialist advice and information to the public and professionals on issues related to drug use and to drug laws.
- Samaritans www.samaritans.org
Available 24 hours a day to provide confidential emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of distress, despair or suicidal thoughts.
- Talk to Frank www.talktofrank.com
Friendly, confidential drugs advice.
- Surrey Drug & Alcohol Care www.surreydrugcare.org.uk
Surrey Drug and Alcohol Care Ltd (SDAC) operates a helpline open to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We offer help and support for anyone who is concerned about the problems that Drugs and Alcohol cause. They could be users themselves, parents, siblings or friends.
- Surrey County Council: Adult Social Care
- Surrey County Council: Sharing Your Information
- Healthy Surrey: www.healthysurrey.org.uk
- Rethink Mental Illness: www.rethink.org
- Surrey Against Domestic Abuse: www.healthysurrey.org.uk/domestic-abuse
- Information about Hepatitis: www.nhs.uk/conditions/hepatitis/